Compile libopc for ios xcode 5

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM
hi all,

I'm currently try to compile the code for the ios simulator ( debug and release ).

I'm using xcode 5.1.1 on OSX 10.9.

I already adapted my makefile.platform.xml, mentioned in this thread: http://libopc.codeplex.com/discussions/441784

But I'm not able to configure it correctly.
./configure --platform=ios4-debug-gcc-i386
checking for gcc... > /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
Here is the config.log
configure:2251: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc -v >&5
clang: error: argument to '-V' is missing (expected 1 value)
clang: error: no input files
configure:2262: $? = 1
configure:2251: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc -v >&5
clang: error: unknown argument: '-qversion' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: note: this will be a hard error (cannot be downgraded to a warning) in the future
clang: error: no input files
It seems that there is an issue with the version detection "unknown argument qversion".

Does anybody know how to solve that issue?

many thanks in advance,
Oct 16, 2014 at 11:43 AM
hi all,

I was able to run the configure script. There was a pending update from xcode. Now my xcode version is 6.0.1. Here is the fitting snippet for the makefile.platform.xml

<platform name="ios8-release-gcc-i386" family="ios-release-gcc-x86"
cc="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang"
ld="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ld"
ar="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ar"
cflags="-g -Os -arch i386 -fno-exceptions -fvisibility=hidden"
cflags_c="-std=c99" cflags_cpp="-fno-rtti"
cppflags="-miphoneos-version-min=8.0 -DNDEBUG -D_NDEBUG -D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=80000 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator8.0.sdk/"
ldflags="-framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework CoreText -framework CoreGraphics -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -lstdc++"/>
Marked as answer by a_xel on 10/16/2014 at 4:43 AM