opcContainerFlatExport and opening a stream from a part.

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Edited Jun 6, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Firstly, I came across this:
/**
 Exports the OPC container to "Flat OPC" (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ericwhite/archive/2008/09/29/the-flat-opc-format.aspx).
 The flat versions of an OPC file are very important when dealing with e.g XSL(T)-based or Javascript-based transformations.
 \see opcContainerFlatImport.
 \todo Implementation needed.
 */
Would be damn handy for me. Are there any plans to implement this in the near future?

Secondly, is there no way to create a mce reader stream given a part? Everything seems to take the part name?! The "proper" way to get a part is to look at the root relationships and follow that, ie:
   if (container != nullptr) {
         opcRelation projectRelation = opcRelationFind(container, OPC_PART_INVALID, NULL, _X(OpcTags::rootProjectRelationshipType));
         if (projectRelation != OPC_RELATION_INVALID) {
            opcPart projectPart = opcRelationGetInternalTarget(container, OPC_PART_INVALID, projectRelation);
            if (projectPart != OPC_PART_INVALID) {
But then if I want to actually read it the only way to create a stream seems to be via opcXmlReaderOpen which takes a part name. I can't even see how I to get from a part to the partName.... any help appreciated.
Jun 6, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Edited Jun 6, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Ok I worked out the second part of the question. The opcPart is just a char* (or xmlChar*) which represents the text of the part. So printf("%s", projectPart) in the above actually prints the part's name. So

opcXmlReaderOpen(container, &reader, projectPart, NULL, 0, 0)

Also works.
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Hi,

yes --- internally there is a fine line between an opcPart and just a xmlChar*: the opcPart is managed by the opcContainer (i.e. xmlFree'd). So never free an opcPart. But all opcPart's can be used as a "normal" name.

Wrt. opcContainerFlatImport: It is there because I thought I need it for one of my projects. However it turned out I don't need it. So there are not plans to implement it yet..

Best,

Florian

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Thanks for the clarification.